life as it happens, cristine style.: everything's right.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

everything's right.

Well, that was it.

that was the moment. the moment where everything is right.

this morning i prayed the Lord would give me courage, keep me focused, and keep Satan away. Already I've been seeing how he has been trying to get a foothold in this Haiti trip by distracting me and making me think I am not supposed to be going. Point blank, today I just.....needed encouragement.

I went to have coffee with one of my small group girls, and about an hour into it, came face-to-face with the only thing that has ever truly been a surprise to me. There were Steve, Trav, Zach and Ryan. Here. In the Woodlands? I sat in shock for awhile. Wondering to myself

"this isn't right. i'm obviously dreaming."

And for the next 5 hours, every worry, fear, anxiety, and to-do list i had for the day went straight out the window. Instead happiness, joy, and encouragement coupled with lots of laughter took over and kept me wishing this night would never end. You see, when I look at the moments in life where I've been happiest, its never been by gifts, or awards. Its when someone has done something that made me feel Jesus loving me through them. This was that moment.

And I cried. Finally. After a long while of being completely incapable of showing emotion, i wept. While all 6 of these precious brothers and sisters of mine laid their hands on me and murmured prayers of encouragement and support, I realized this was the moment I had hoped and prayed for since high school. The day I'd know, I made it through the storm...nothing that had happened before Christ mattered, and I DID have beautiful, incredible god-fearing friends for the first time in my life.

As they left, I ran to my mom and did what I knew best. I just wept. Tears of sadness, that this would be one of the last times we'd all be together, that times were changing and I felt like there would never be enough time in the world for me to spend with these people. But also tears of joy. Joy that my friends PURSUE Christ daily, that they encourage me. That they will never be perfect, and those moments bring lots of laughter for sure, but that they are people who show me Christ's love. Joy that I was able to know them, grow with them, laugh with them. Some for 4 years, some for 4 months.

So Jesus, thank you. Thank you for answering my prayers so vividly and purposefully. Thank you for the encouragement that I didn't even know I needed it from. thank you for surrounding me with people who love you. Thank you for every blessed moment in my life. Thank you for the hard times, the times when I never thought I'd make it out, they've made this moment tenfold sweeter.

I leave for the airport in t-minus 27.5 hours. And tomorrow is a day of celebration! My baby sister graduates high school and I couldn't be more proud. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for her at A&M.

With prayers abounding in thanksgiving,
ckm

No comments:

Post a Comment